Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TABARE, YOU HAD ME AT "BAGUETTE"











Tabare is the cutest little restaurant modestly hidden on S.1st between Driggs and Roebling. I found it while searching on freewilliamsburg last week but never heard of it otherwise. They don't currently have a liquor liscence so it's "B.Y.O.B" which are my favorite kind of places. I haven't found any others in Williamsburg so that was exciting. While reading about Tabare, I discovered they bring you a baguette with an olive tapenade, which pretty much sold me on this place. I love any restaurant where carbs are provided from the moment you sit down. We also had the mussels appetizer and couldn't even finish them (although I did drink the broth). Basically everything on the menu sounded good to me so being as indecisive as I am, I just picked the first thing on the page which was Uruguayan Shepard's Pie. Greg ordered this amazing sandwich with filet mignon, bacon, mozzerella and a fried egg. For dessert we had dulce de leche cookies and the owner gave us a slice of their flourless chocolate cake. We had an extraordinary meal and the bill was under $50. I will definitely go back. //$$

(221 S 1st St between Driggs Ave & Roebling St Brooklyn, NY 11211 917.862.5014)

No comments:

Post a Comment