Sunday, April 25, 2010

MY FAVORITE SPOT IN MANHATTAN













I was so focused on Williamsburg restaurants, I nearly forgot to mention my all time favorite restaurant in the city, Freeman's. I realized the one thing all my favorite places have in common is- their capacity to take me out of New York when I walk in the door. I feel removed from the rest of the city and for a moment, I forget where I am.

Freeman's is not somewhere you would notice while walking down the street, as its hidden down Freeman's Alley which branches off Rivington Street in the Lower East Side. Complete with wood paneling and taxidermy decorated walls, you very much feel like you are in a log cabin. There are two bars in separate rooms which are great to sit at while waiting for a table ( they don't take reservations for parties less than 6) or just to try one of their special cocktails which all seem to be made perfectly with lots of care and attention.  I rarely revisit restaurants because I want to try as many different ones as possible, but I have been here three times; once with a girlfriend just for a drink, I took my Dad here when he came to visit and I went here for an anniversary dinner as well. //$$$

To all 3 of you who read this- If you want to go here sometime, call me.


(End of Freeman Alley New York, NY 10002 212.420.0012)

1 comment:

  1. I randomly came across your blog looking for photos of Freemans. Happy to see someone who gets as excited about food as I do! Will be adding some of these places I haven't been to my 'to eat at' list. I would love to share with you some of my favourite spots and get your opinion if you don't mind me contacting you? Happy eating!

    -Alexa-

    ReplyDelete